Medical Histories and Medical Emergencies:
An Interactive, Hands-on Approach for the Entire Dental Team
“A MIDDLE-AGED MAN HAS COLLAPSED IN THE OPERATORY!
QUICK, GET THE DENTIST! OOPS, IT IS THE DENTIST!”
WOULD YOUR STAFF KNOW WHAT TO DO?!
Both the dentist and the staff are vital assets in confronting medical crises in the dental office. Knowledge is essential when the unexpected occurs. The dentist will always benefit from calm, informed reactions when facing an emergency, or as in the case above, his or her life could depend on it.
The population is aging in America and with this comes a more medically compromised patient to your office. This course provides an overview of how these patients need to be evaluated prior to clinical care. Prevention and treatment of emergencies will be covered. Both dentist and staff will benefit from this knowledge. This is a great team program for the study club.
- Recognize “clues” in the medical history that require further investigation
- Analyze and utilize a “Medical History Questionnaire”
- Incorporate current blood pressure guidelines in evaluating treatment risk
- List the items important to have in a medical emergency kit
- Demonstrate the proper use of all items in an emergency kit
- Recognize the signs of a medical emergency and demonstrate the correct action for each type of emergency